Inkscape is a great free vector tool you can use to create real, professional level logo design for real clients. Clients care about results, they need a good logo from a flexible, professional designer. To achieve this, you don't need expensive software. You need to be clever and creative, and I show you how!
In this Inkscape video tutorial :
In this video course I cover the theory and the creative process of logo design from the first client brief through finding ideas and creating sketches, until the presentation of the final design to the client. According to this, half of the course is about logo design theory and process, the other half is about designing logos in Inkscape - with all the practical tips I can give.
Starting the course you also get my logo design book titled Studylogo. It is a 70 pages long e-book about logo design theory. It covers a bit more what is in the course, and gives a great overview about the topic.
Feel free to contact me in the helping room if you have any question about this tutorial.
Inkscape training table of contents (duration : 2h34m)
- Introduction free 00:01:37
- Your first task! free 00:03:07
What makes a great logo?
- The good logo is... free 00:03:39
- Types of logos free 00:02:45
- Simplicity! 00:04:16
- Be unique 00:03:09
- Clever and creative logo design 00:04:19
- Play the "gestalt games"! 00:08:22
The logo design process
- About the logo design process in a nutshell 00:04:01
- Do your research 00:02:23
- Example research 00:07:32
- Sketching for creativity - is it important? 00:04:54
Design your logo in Inkscape
- Creating the 1st version 00:19:48
- Starting to create the 2nd idea 00:11:23
- Finishing the 2nd logo idea 00:07:37
- Designing a 3rd variation of the same logo 00:13:28
- And a 4th version 00:10:58
Text and color
- Color usage in logo design 00:06:18
- Coloring our logo in Inkscape 00:08:18
- Type in logo design 00:07:49
- Adding text to our logo 00:05:40
Presentation and conclusion
- Present your logo to the client 00:11:20
- Conclusion 00:01:31
- Sources Filesdownload
With which software version is this tutorial compatible with?Inkscape
What is the required level to follow this tutorial ?beginner