In this video tutorial, you will learn how to sculpt hair in ZBrush. This tutorial is affordable for novices with ZBrush basics. It is also recommended for advanced users who want to perfect their technique and discover a new hair creation workflow.
Hair is one of the most difficult elements in a character's sculpture. There are many methods, but many of them are for experienced sculptors.
Through this video tutorial, I want to demystify the apparent complexity of hair sculpture and propose a simple, non-destructive workflow that allows you to obtain beautiful results without spending weeks on it.
This workflow has the advantage of working for both realistic and stylized characters. I advise beginners to train on simple hairstyles such as the one shown in the course first.
In this ZBrush hair sculpting video tutorial
Here are the points that will be covered in this video course:
- Rough Mesh: Search for the general volume of the hairstyle through the blocking of simple Rough Mesh
- Mesh Support: Retopology of Rough Mesh to create Mesh Support
- Hair highlights: Creation of the main highlights
- Loose Bits: Creation of secondary bits
- Flow: Bringing Hairstyle to Life
- Chignon: Sculpting the chignon without mesh support
- Bonus 1: Interface customization
- Bonus 2: Sculpting Eyebrows and Lashes
The source files, full face, hairstyle, rough mesh and mesh support are all provided with the course.
I remain available in the support room to answer your questions!