Comprehensive tutorial to help you master the complex querying and advanced data modeling concepts in MongoDB
About This Developing with MongoDB Video course
- Understand the complex MongoDB querying and data modeling aspects
- Master the CRUD operations and improve the performance of your database
- Comprehensive, easy to follow video tutorial for designing and managing efficient database solutions using MongoDB
Developing with MongoDB In Detail
MongoDB is the most popular NoSQL database in the market today. With support for real-time analytics, it is being used by many big enterprises for efficient and fast processing of data. The importance of NoSQL databases, and particularly MongoDB, has also increased with the rise of IoT.
Spanning over 4 hours, this tutorial will show you how you can get the most out of MongoDB’s advanced features with ease.
After getting a quick overview of the basics of MongoDB, you will directly jump to covering the concepts related to advanced data modelling, complex querying, indexing and database operations. You will also implement a highly available MongoDB database for high performance by implementing techniques like sharding, aggregation and replication. Finally, you will also cover aspects like cloud deployment which is important when it comes to web applications, and integration with Hadoop for fast and efficient Big Data processing.
By the end of this video tutorial, you will have mastered all the concepts of MongoDB when it comes to querying, data modelling and the other database operations.
MongoDB training table of contents (duration : 3h03m)
Introduction to MongoDB
- The Course Overview free 00:02:49
- How Is MongoDB Different from Relational(SQL) Databases? 00:10:12
- Overview of the MongoDB Document Model “BSON” 00:12:49
- Overview of MongoDB Replication 00:09:51
- Overview of MongoDB Sharding 00:09:46
Getting Comfortable with the Shell
- Launching the Shell 00:06:57
- Performing Queries in the Shell 00:10:38
- Modifying Data 00:10:26
- Using Indexes 00:06:45
Using MongoDB from Python with PyMongo
- Getting and Managing Connections 00:10:24
- Using PyMongo for CRUD, Indexing, and Introspection 00:09:39
- Managing Cursors 00:07:34
- Bulk Operations 00:08:48
Data Modeling with MongoDB
- Basic Indexing 00:22:55
- Relational Normal Form Versus Documents 00:07:23
- Linking Versus Embedding 00:10:53
- Designing for Sharding 00:12:11
- Advanced Indexing 00:13:51