About This complet Node.js video course
- Learn how Node.js is working so you can use that knowledge in your advance.
- A deep understand how to use the node.js api’s to build enterprise grade applications.
Course In Detail
Node.js is a modern web framework that allows you to build rich applications. As a developer, you need to know just one programming language to build an application that can be executed anywhere, be it the server, console, browser, or on your mobile phone.
This course begins with explaining how Node.js works and what its architecture is all about. You will then learn to create your first Node.js application and also create a command line tool for Node.js. Next, you will learn how to work with commander.js and use the event emitter because events are a powerful extension that can be used in our application.
The course will then teach you to use and define streams and transformers, after which you will be skilled to build a web server with Express.js. This will be followed by taking you through how to read, write, and manipulate files in the file system with Node.js. You will even learn how to create micro services with the loopback API framework and Seneca.js, post which we will scale our node.js application and test our code.
Finally, you will complete your learning journey by using these APIs to create a web server, access file system, and create real-time interactions.
With this course, you will be able to build your own tools, along with big network and real-time applications.
Node.js training table of contents (duration : 4h49m)
Understanding the Node.js Environment
- The Course Overview free 00:07:04
- Installation and Setup 00:04:38
- Node.js Under the Hood 00:08:38
- Read Eval Print Loop 00:06:12
- Event Loop 00:05:03
CLI Application Development
- CLI Interactions 00:06:22
- Commander.js and prompt 00:08:23
- Make Your Tool Global 00:05:31
Asynchronous Event Driven Programming
- Understanding Events 00:05:47
- Timers 00:07:22
- Creating an Event 00:08:39
- Events in Depth 00:06:50
Streaming Data across Nodes and Clients
- Exploring Streams 00:06:01
- Object Streams 00:05:40
- Creating an http-server 00:07:48
- Handling Post Data 00:06:01
Http and Web Server
- Express.js 00:09:01
- Request Middleware 00:08:33
- Social Logins 00:10:34
- Koa.js 00:09:49
Using Node.js to Access File System
- Iterating Over Files and Folders 00:07:16
- Reading a File 00:09:08
- Writing a File 00:09:55
- Handling File Uploads 00:09:24
Utilizing Multiple Processes
- Taking Control Over the Process 00:06:25
- Creating Child Processes 00:12:06
- Communicating with Your Child Processes 00:07:36
Creating Real-Time Applications
- Using Bi-Directional Communication with Socket.IO 00:12:56
- Server-Sent Events 00:10:26
- Server to Server Communication 00:00:00
Scaling Your Applications
- Why Scale? 00:05:27
- Microservices That Scale 00:12:31
- Bringing an Application to the Cloud 00:08:58
Testing and References
- Testing and spying 00:13:38
- Testing an API 00:07:45
- References 00:11:49