Graphics and Animations are an essential part of the iOS User Interface. From a UX standpoint, it lets users know that something has updated or moved on the screen. From a Design point of view, animations are a fun way to draw attention of users and make your apps interactive. This is the extra value that will make your application stand out from others.
The goal of the video course is to teach techniques, from simple to complex, to create nice animation effects, bring life to iPhone apps, and offer an awesome user experience. This is another aspect of the iOS SDK that will make you enjoy iOS development even more.
iOS Animation with Swift - Video Tutorial
In 4 chapters, you will take your iOS development experience to the next level with top notch portfolio-ready projects. Topics Include
- Basic Animation APIs of UIKit
- Animation Effects (crossDissolve, cube transition, fade)
- Custom View ControllerTransitions
- Gradient Animation
- Layer & iCore Animation
In Section 1, you will set the stage for basic, yet very cool, animation effects with Basic Animation APIs of UIKit to animate move, size and color. The first demo will show you how to animate objects on the UIKit. You will greet users with move and fade animations, create and adjust animation easing to customize visual effects.
Section 2 covers layer animations and the Core Animation API. We will dive into higher-levels of UIKit methods to animate view layers and create cool visual effects like gradient and shape animations. We'll replicate the twitter the splash screen as an example of the powerful things you can achieve with view layers.
In Section 3, you will learn techniques to create your own custom view controller transition and presentation. By the end of the section, you will have created your own custom controller presentation controller with a picture gallery.
The Section 4 walks you through a Weather App tutorial with tableView rows animation, crossfade and cube transitions. We will use new techniques of transform, cross dissolve and fade animations to take your experience with iOS UI to the next level.
Each section includes project-based demos and a finished app that you can showcase in your work. You are going to learn how to use view animations and how to convert a simple view into an awesome view. You will be introduced to iOS 9 iCore Animation to create an eye-catching splash screen and some other extras to set your app apart from others.
By the end of the class, you will be well prepared to turn any views into and interesting, attractive, and fascinating user interface.
Note to Students: This class is a beginner's guide to iOS Animations, but please note that the class requires basic knowledge of the Swift language, XCode and the iOS SDK. For the best learning experience, students should know how to start a project, run a project on the simulator, use the interface builder, and understand Swift.
Now, be ready to take your iOS Development to the next level.
Join the new iOS & Swift Animation course to learn to bring life to your application
Swift, Xcode training table of contents (duration : 3h09m)
- Welcome! 00:00:53
- Class Requirements : what you need 00:00:35
- Class Requirements : what you should know 00:00:51
- Class Objectives & Presentation free 00:01:29
- Hello World App Overview 00:01:48
- Animating Hello World 00:01:38
- Delay & Completion Parameter 00:05:35
- Alpha Changes 00:00:53
- Random Quote App Overview free 00:03:32
- Displaying Quotes - IBAction 00:04:13
- Fading Quotes In and Out 00:02:01
- Random Colors 00:02:05
- Launchscreen & Login Form Animated 00:01:18
- Launch Screen - Visual Effect Blur 00:02:47
- Spring Animation 00:03:04
- Adding Keyframe Animation 00:07:23
- Animating the Login Form 00:02:27
- Slot Machine App Overview 00:02:42
- UIPickerView 00:04:15
- Spinning the Wheel 00:02:25
- Winning Condition(IF/ELSE) 00:01:47
- Animating Play Button 00:02:52
- Gradient Animation 00:07:51
- Gradient Animation - END 00:03:00
- Playing Sound (AV Foundation) 00:02:22
- Twitter SplashScreen Intro free 00:02:46
- Layer Mask 00:02:44
- Reveal and Animation with iCore Animation 00:07:35
- AnimationDidStop() 00:01:28
Custom View Controller Transitions
- Overview 00:00:43
- Custom Segue 00:03:44
- Creating a Segue Class 00:05:24
- Perform & Animate Segue 00:02:31
- Transition Manager 00:03:18
- DismissViewController 00:01:43
- Overview & Project Files 00:02:08
- Image Categories 00:03:28
- Adding Photos to Library 00:02:46
- CollectionView Data Source 00:06:44
- Push Segue 00:04:41
- Pictures Collection - Like Instagram! 00:03:52
- Customizing the Picture Gallery - Data Source 00:02:08
- Animator Class 00:01:56
- Container View & Transition Context 00:03:46
- Scale Transform 00:06:19
- Adding TapGestureRecognizer 00:03:59
- Dismiss PhotoViewController 00:01:44
- Project Overview 00:02:27
- OpenWeatherMap API Documentation 00:02:52
- Api Calls & Weather Forecast Data 00:04:22
- Getting Weather Data (JSON response) 00:03:58
- Table View 00:04:40
- Animating the Table Rows 00:02:12
- 5-day Weather Forecast 00:07:05
- Display Date 00:02:47
- Fade In & Out Transition 00:02:58
- Cube Transition 00:02:43
- Cross Fade Animation 00:07:26
- Conclusion 00:00:26