This Principle video tutorial teaches you, step by step, how you can move your Sketch 3 and Photoshop designs and prototypes from static images to animated, and interactive user experiences that you'll be able to play with and give to your clients and users to try, like the Apple, Facebook, Twitter and other thousands of companies are doing.
My name is Adria Jimenez, and I am an engineer and designer passionate about technology, design, and excellent products. During my life, I've worked in several multinational companies where I've learnt how to create curated and beautiful web and mobile applications, and recently I created several courses to teach others what I've learnt.
This is one of my most favorite topics, so I carefully created this course for anyone who wants to boost their design or UX career, learning how to move from static wireframes or designs to animated and interactive prototypes that you can show to your team or clients, using Principle.
What are you getting with this Principle video tutorial?
- Lifetime access
- HD video lessons
- Step by step guides
- Prototype challenges with solutions
- Downloadable materials and exercises
- Knowledge quizzes
What I'll be able to do at the end?
By the end of the course, you'll be able to create animated prototypes from your wireframes or designs that will provide interaction with the user, showcasing how to use certain features of your app without even touching a line of code.
As soon as you gain knowledge with the tool, we are going to go one step further creating full interactive prototypes that you'll be able to see directly on your phone, and not only that, the course has challenges that will help you learn and progress further in your career while you also have fun.
Who is the ideal student?
The ideal student for this course is an existing UX or designer who already knows how to wireframe or design applications but who wants to advance one step forward in his or her career and wants to be able to show or test animations or interactions with clients or users.
The only requirement for taking this course is to have an Apple computer and to be open to learning new cool stuff.
See you inside the course and see how quick your designs and wireframes improve.
Principle training table of contents (duration : 1h40m)
- Welcome and how to get the most of this course free 00:01:34
- Course introduction. Is this course for me? How is the course structured? free 00:04:27
- Downloading and installing the required software 00:01:04
Get to know Principle
- Principle interface 00:07:05
- Drawing shapes 00:01:54
- Adding your assets 00:03:20
- Importing your assets from Sketch 00:03:16
- Connecting your screens 00:03:37
- Animate state between different screens 00:03:04
Your first prototype with Principle
- Creating a shopping cart 00:05:18
- Shopping cart, polishing the animations and transitions 00:03:52
- Sharing your first prototype 00:01:52
- Previewing and playing with your prototype on your iPhone 00:02:51
Principle Advanced interactions
- Working with big content 00:05:14
- Dragging layers across the screen 00:01:20
- Content pagination 00:04:07
- Control prototype behaviors using drivers 00:08:20
Combining skills to create prototypes
- How challenges work 00:02:09
- Basic menu challenge 00:01:11
- Solving the menu challenge 00:07:08
- Creating a slingshot prototype 00:08:03
- Prototyping for the Apple Watch with long press 00:06:54
- Picture gallery deletion prototype challenge 00:01:22
- Build the gallery step by step guide 00:10:13
- Conclusion and thank you 00:01:19
With which software version is this tutorial compatible with?Principle
What is the required level to follow this tutorial ?beginner